Monday, July 27, 2015

Monday musings

So today is the first day of the rest of my life.  Isn't that what they say?  What does that even mean?  Are they saying that the first 45 years of my life didn't count.  That today is the day that I will finally lose 20 pounds, that today is the day that I will wear pants that don't have a draw string, that today is the day that my bank account will overflow and I will live the jet setting life I have always envisioned.  Doubt it. 

Although, I should really put on some pants with a zipper and a waistband.  It could be good for me to be miserable and have my pants digging into my fat, as a persistent reminder to lose weight.  Like a small child tugging at your pants leg to get your attention, "hey fat ass, remember me, its getting a little tight down here."

So far today, I have eaten:

One can of tomato soup with water Calories: 90
pinch of shredded cheddar cheese Calories: who cares
One large peach: Calories: its a fruit, doesn't matter

Fruit helps keep the pipes running.  Otherwise, I would sit on the cherished throne and have nothing to show for my efforts.

Working from home for a company for the past 4 years has not been kind to the waistline.  To get through 9 hours of mind numbing accounting work, eating has become a fun pastime.  Scurry into the kitchen before anyone can turn on the overhead kitchen light, capture the snacktime treasures, return to my desk with the crunchy Funyuns, chemically laced Diet Coke, sea salt chocolate, maybe a big bowl of Lucky Charms, because they "really" are magically delicious.

But instead, since today is "the first day of the rest of my life" I am on a DIEt.

Googled: is it dangerous to eat more than 2 gummies of the One A Day for Women vitamins, as I have now eaten 6.

Don't think about food, don't think about food, don't think about food.

Googled: metallic taste in mouth, is that bad?

Check my lottery numbers: Yes!  Check my lottery numbers!  Maybe today will be "the first day of the rest of my life!"

Mega Millions for July 24, 2015 Winning numbers 10, 12, 26, 60, 62 and 13

My numbers 10, 11, 25, 35, 73 and 13 (a $2.00 win).

Lunch: spicy chick fila sandwich Calories: 490 minus the top bun and bottom bun, gave them to the Pug.

Tomorrow: put Pug on diet.

I read that everyday you should be thankful for something as it will help you to manifest a life full of happiness and contentment.  Today I am thankful for drawstring pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment